After a few inquiries, and in the interest of promoting collaboration, I have decided to accept guest posts on the StormwaterTools blog.
The discussions will be more interesting and and the blog more complete by adding your perspective and those from other stormwater professionals. The blog will remain dedicated to stormwater and leadership. I will do my best to only publish thoughtful, interesting, and useful information.
Below are some guidelines for posting.
Content and Commitment
Your post must be on one of five topics.
- Construction Stormwater
- Post Construction Stormwater
- Water Quality in general
- Personal Growth
Your post cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post. (We may try a featured product post in the future if you are interested. Give me some feedback on this).
- Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your favorite social media username or address.
- Your post should be at least 400 words long and no more than 600 words.
- You agree to engage with StormwaterTools readers as they comment.
- I will likely edit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If I make substantive changes (unlikely), I will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- I may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to show why I think the post is important. I will make clear that the introductory comments are mine and not yours.
I understand the work that it takes to write a blog post. However, the fact that you have written a post and submitted it to me does not obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those thatin MY judgement add value to StormwaterTools and its readers.
Furthermore, if I do not approve your guest post, I may not explain why I did not approve it or provide any detail. I will, however, let you know of my decision. If I reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email it to me for consideration. It could take a few weeks for me to respond.
- Please include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your social media addresses. Go ahead and connect with me on LinkedIn.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with StormwaterTools readers in the comments about your post.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.
I am excited and can’t wait to see what you have to offer us.
Don’t forget to sign up for notification of new posts. You never know who might be posting next week.